Pizza Oven Kit "Volta"
This wood fired pizza oven kit can be used anywhere:
Inside your home, cottage, or restaurant
Perfect for backyard!
On a Trailer
On a pizza truck or trailer
Volta is our most popular pizza oven kit. It's very versatile, can be used both indoor & outdoor, commercially and at home. This is a classic Italian pizza oven kit, it can cook everything from pizza to bread to slow roasts to a whole lamb. Thousands of these ovens are in use right now in restaurants, pizzerias, on mobile pizza trailers, and of course: in backyards. The kit assembles very easily WITHOUT mortar, can reach 1000F in about 45 min, and will stay hot past 24 hours. One reason to get this kit instead of a ready to go Portuguese oven is that this kit is easy to transport piece by piece and it can be installed in places inaccessible to the 1200 lb Portuguese ovens. This kit is also available in much larger sizes than the Portuguese ovens. And finally: this is the right pizza oven if you are enclosing it with stones, stucco, bricks or otherwise giving it a custom look, see the many pictures on this page and even more in our Gallery. It can match the design of your house, outdoor kitchen etc. You can view many projects showing assembly of this kit here: pizza oven projects. Comes with both dome and floor insulation!
Special note: we often get asked how to attach a chimney to this oven. You can easily attach a 6" insulated chimney (by Selkirk or Duravent) with the help of a matching anchor plate, please see how this is done in this project: chimney. These items are commonly available if you simply Google them.
- Quality. "Volta" pizza oven kit is entirely hand made at Sunday Grill factory outside of Venice, Italy. Materials used are high quality refractory cement mixed with Sunday's proprietary masonry mix with 70% alumina content. From mixing cement to curing the components production takes weeks. The end result is a great pizza oven kit that lasts and lasts.
- Design. The kit is designed with cooking in mind. Volta's low Neapolitan dome radiates heat right where you need it - on the top of your pizza - and delivers crusty pizzas in 90 seconds! The dome is spherical as opposed to "half barrel" shape providing uniform heat inside the oven without the infamous "cold spots"!
- Assembly. Volta pizza oven kit is designed for the first time oven builder, no special skills are required! The kit can be assembled in 30 min. due to its interlocking design. Nothing needs to be mortared - the dome pieces have groove on the edges to interlock with each other and the oven is supported by its own weight. The chimney opening is positioned above the front arch which is pictured and supplied with the oven. When the oven door is closed the cooking area inside the oven is completely enclosed which helps retain the heat, this is the traditional Neapolitan design. The oven includes a heavy stand-alone steel door with temperature gauge.
- Insulation. The kit includes ceramic fiber board for hearth insulation as well as ceramic fiber blankets for dome insulation.
- Use. The oven can be used for cooking real Neapolitan pizza, meat, bread, and many other dishes. The oven reaches 1100F although in practice this T is not needed for cooking. The material is very crack-proof. The oven can be finished with virtually any design as many of our pictures indicate. The largest size of this oven (47") is currently used in many restaurants and catering businesses where it needs to remain hot for 10+ hours a day.