- Quality. Like all other Forniref by Alfa this pizza oven kit is made from Alfa's proprietory refractory mix, strong, durable, and efficient. The refractory material is the same as on other Alfa ovens.
- Design. This oven has a traditional low Neapolitan dome which radiates heat onto the floor and delivers a crusty pizza in 90 seconds! The dome is spherical as opposed to "half barrel" shape providing uniform heat inside the oven without cold spots! The floor is about 2" thick and the dome a little over 3".
- The Arch. The oven includes the arch in front of it! The arch is one piece and weights approx. 330 lb. The chimney opening is 25 cm in diameter. Common chimney size in the US is 6" or 8", you can easily use a 6" chimney with the help of a chimney anchor plate.
- Special features. The door is extra wide for party size pizzas and is stand alone. Also, unlike many other ovens the temperature gauge is not in the door (which is usually open) but on the side of the door in the oven itself - which helps monitor the T at all times. Very large landing area - loved by everyone - over 20" in front of the door!
- Assembly. To assemble this oven you will need refractory mortar or cement. It has to be applied only on the joints of the dome pieces. You don't have to cover the entire oven with it. The floor is assembled without it. The kit does not come with mortar. You can buy excellent refractory cement from Ace Hardware, it's also available from many other sources.
- Insulation. The kit includes all the insulation you will need: mineral board for hearth (floor) insulation and ceramic blankets for dome insulation.
- Flexibility. This kit can be - and has been - installed in all environments: indoor, outdoor, or on a trailer. The kit needs no certification since it's classified as a "site-built appliance" and is entirely legal to install indoors providing the installation process follows the local building code (venting, distance to combustibles etc). Outdoor installations do not require any permits in the vast majority of US and Canadian jurisdictions.
- Use. Personal is meant to be the oven for everything. This oven can be used both at home and for business. It's designed to produce everything you would expect from a wood fired oven: pizzas, bread, etc.
- Specs. Specs are listed below, you can also download them from this page in PDF but those are in metric!
- Personal 94
Inside diameter 35" External Width 41" External Depth 45" N° pizzas at a time 4 Bread baking 17 lb Pizzas in 15 minutes 16 Average wood consumption lb/h 13 Mouth Width 23" Mouth Height 11" Total Weight (without insulation) 550 lb
- Personal 136
Inside diameter 51.5" External Width 57.5" External Depth 59.5" N° pizzas at a time 8 Bread baking 35 lb Pizzas in 15 minutes 30 Average wood consumption lb/h 20 Mouth Width 19" Mouth Height 12" Weight (without insulation) 1122 lb
51" Wood Fired Pizza Oven Kit "Personal" by Alfa Refrattari
A great (and huge!) pizza oven kit from the leader of Italian wood fired oven manufacturing. A perfect oven for large parties and restaurants.